Indian Premier League: What it Takes to Make The Perfect Cricket Bet

Before placing a bet on any cricket match, whether it’s an Indian Premier League cricket match or the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup, it helps to have plenty of cricket knowledge.

Arming yourself with as much useful information as possible can help you place more informed bets that have a much better chance of returning you a profit.

Let’s dive straight in to discover exactly what it takes to make the perfect cricket bet at trusted Indian online bookmakers like the official 10CRIC Sports betting website.

Tips for placing strategic bets on any cricket match

Having a basic understanding of any sport you are about to place a bet on can give you a huge advantage, although it’s not 100% necessary to be a cricket expert to place cricket bets.

For example, the most important thing to learn before placing a sports bet is what the odds and implied probability rate for a certain outcome are trying to tell you. Understanding this important information can help you win more and lose fewer bets.

Let’s take a quick look at a few examples of the implied probability rate for certain outcomes based on their odds.

We have included the decimal odds format (which is common in India and most other parts of the world), the fractional odds format (mainly used in the United Kingdom), and the American/moneyline odds format (mainly used in the United States and some parts of Canada):

  • If a betting market has an 80.00% chance of occurring (implied probability rate), it would appear on the betting form as 1.25 in the decimal odds format. 1.25 is equal to 1/4 in fractional odds and -400 in American/moneyline odds
  • If a betting market has a 52.40% chance of occurring (implied probability rate), it would appear on the betting form as 1.91 in the decimal odds format. 1.91 is equal to 10/11 in fractional odds and -110 in American/moneyline odds
  • If a betting market has only a 10.00% chance of occurring (implied probability rate), it would appear on the betting form as 10.00 in the decimal odds format. 10.00 is equal to 9/1 in fractional odds and +900 in American/moneyline odds

In other words, a betting market with a 99% IPR, which is 1.01 (decimal odds), 1/100 (fractional) and -10,000 (American/moneyline odds), is almost certainly going to happen (although still not guaranteed), whereas a betting market with only a 1% IPR, which is 101.00, 100/1 or +100,000, is extremely unlikely to happen.

Also, don’t forget that on sites like 10CRIC, you can play pre-match bets long before an event starts, outright betting (on the tournament/season/league winner) and in-play bets (aka live betting) as the action unfolds in real-time.

When placing in-play bets, it really does help to have a good understanding of the sport you are betting on.

What are the different bet types, and what else can I do to place more strategic bets on the upcoming 2024 IPL matches?

Understanding IPL odds and the different bet types you are likely to come across can also help you place more informed bets that have a better chance of winning. The main bet types you can often find in cricket are the following:

  • Total runs (over/under a certain amount)
  • The team/player with the most runs
  • Odd/even runs
  • Highest total number of runs in first 15 overs
  • Toss winner (home or away team)
  • Player of the match
  • Top batsman
  • Dismissal method
  • First team/player to score a half-century (50 runs) or century (100 runs)
  • Future betting
  • Highest opening partnership
  • Best bowler
  • Match outcome
  • The maximum score in an innings
  • Most run-outs
  • Series winner
  • [the team with the] top run scorer
  • Maximum fours (4s) or sixes (6s)
  • Maximum score in an innings

Take a few minutes to learn the different bet types, and try your hand at a few. You may find after betting on a few games that you have a knack for a certain bet type (aka market), which is why you should always try to understand the different bet types that are available for the match you are about to place a wager on.

How can I give myself an advantage when betting on cricket?

There are many things you can do to give yourself an advantage when betting on any cricket matches. Try to gather as many useful statistics and data as possible to help you place more strategic bets by carrying out your own research.

Even simple things like finding out what the weather might be like and knowing how teams play in certain weather conditions can be a massive help.

You should also try to find out which players are currently injured, which players are currently in form or not performing too well, and what the historical results between the two teams are. For example, does one team always beat the other when pitted against each other, or is it always fairly evenly matched?

You can also look at the latest form for each team (not just the form of individual players), perhaps over the past five or ten matches, and gather any other relevant gossip and cricket news you can get your hands on that you think will help you place more informed bets.

One of the most important strategies to learn in cricket is value betting, which tends to involve backing a team with a worse record or lower ranking. Betting on the underdog is risky, but in certain situations, when this type of bet wins, the payout can be huge.

With that in mind, try to avoid placing bets that are less likely to return a profit (bets with a low IPR) and stick to placing bets with a much higher IPR.

The profit margin may not be as great with high IPR bets, but it means you will lose fewer bets and slowly build up your bankroll. You will need patience to do this, which a lot of people don’t have.

Winning tips for the 2024 IPL and 2024 ICC Men’s T20 World Cup

If you think you are ready to place a bet on the IPL or the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup on the 10CRIC Sports betting website, don’t forget that you must be at least 18 years old.

Registering a new account here at 10CRIC Sports free, and when you have signed up, you can place bets from your smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop computer at any time of the day.

Just make sure your mobile device has plenty of battery and that any device you use to place bets has a stable Wi-Fi/internet connection.

Finally, if you want to place a bet on the 2024 IPL, a relatively safe bet (but is still in no way guaranteed to win) would be for the Chennai Super Kings (CSK) to win back-to-back IPL titles. They are currently priced at around 5.75 (decimal odds) to win the upcoming Indian Premier League with a 17.40% IPR.

If you want to bet on the World Cup, India might be your safest bet. They are the odds-on favourites to win the tournament outright and are currently priced, on average, at around 3.75 with a 26.70% IPR.

It’s also important to remember that betting odds are subject to change at any time, and, as mentioned, no bets are ever guaranteed, no matter how high the IPR is.

Related: Cricket Trading Strategies: Pre-Match and In-Play

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *